WooCommerce is an open-source eCommerce plugin associated with WordPress that helps you to build an online store and sell products or services from your website. This means that it extends the capabilities of the WordPress platform by providing the necessary tools for online selling. WooCommerce is built on WordPress, a popular and familiar platform already used by millions of websites across the globe. It officially launched in 2011 and has been one of the easiest and cost-effective CMS platforms to start an online store.
WooCommerce powers more than 25% of eCommerce stores in the top 1 million sites worldwide compared to other eCommerce platforms. These numbers continue to grow because it is flexible and beginner-friendly. With over 5,100,000 live websites using WooCommerce, it’s the leading eCommerce platform and has 23.43% worldwide market share.
Here are some key benefits of using WooCommerce:
- Free WordPress Plugin: WooCommerce is built on WordPress. Take full advantage of the content editing tools at your disposal for your blog and other web pages.
- Full Control of your Data: Third-party eCommerce platforms will always run the risk of losing data associated with them when the platform closes.
- Features Available: WooCommerce offers a variety of features that allow for customization, including social media buttons and contact forms.
- Security: WooCommerce provides a secure shopping experience for customers.
- Makes Search Engine Optimization Easy: Because WooCommerce runs on WordPress, it inherits all the SEO goodness that comes with it.
- Fast Loading Speed In Both The Backend And Frontend: WooCommerce offers full control over your data, thousands of unique store designs, and a range of features tailored to meet your needs.
- Integration with Popular Tools and Payment Providers: WooCommerce supports a range of payment gateways, including Stripe and PayPal, as well as shipping providers.
- Grows with Your Business: WooCommerce is scalable, meaning it can adapt to the needs of your growing business.
WooCommerce is a great eCommerce platform for building online stores due to its cost-effectiveness, flexibility, scalability, security, and excellent support. From seamless WordPress integration, cost-effective solutions, extensive customization options, intuitive interface, robust security measures, to powerful analytics, SEO tools, and a supportive community, WooCommerce truly is an all-in-one solution for your eCommerce needs.